Make a miter sled for your table saw

| |
I didnt have time to work on a project last weekend but spent a lot of time this week figuring out what I wanted to make this weekend. I think Im going to make a bed tray for a laptop computer. Basically, a breakfast-in-bed kind of tray. I had a viewer ask me about such a tray a while ago, so I decided to make it.
As I played with the design, I realized I would need to make mitered corners. Every time I think about making miters, I cringe. Especially since this tray is going to be made with oak. I have a notoriously difficult time making decent miters in oak using my miter saw.
So this morning I decided to finally make a miter saw sled for my table saw. Its a project Ive been meaning to make for years.
This was the fastest project and video I ever put together. I prowled through my wood and started building this around 11:00 this morning. I built it, shot the video and finished editing it by 4:00! Woohoo!
And its one the the most useful jigs I have ever made. It is incredibly simple to build, yet extremely accurate. There are a lot of different kinds of miter sleds, but mostly I just need to cut 45 degree angles. So if making picture frames drives you crazy, give this sled a shot.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment