Veterans Day flag case

| |
Woodworking restraintI looked at countless different flag cases and sketched out many ideas before going with this design. Once again, after hours of considering various ornate frames and playing with scraps of wood, I took a step back and chose to keep it simple. I realized that my focus should be the contents of the case and not showing off woodworking techniques.
So I eliminated nearly all the ornamentation I actually set out to include: contrasting corner splines, inlay strips, multiple edge profiles, and scroll-work. The wood is birds-eye maple. There is one angled board to encase the flag and I cut one chamfer that runs along the inside of the face of the frame.
Veterans Day, 11-11-11
Big shout-out to everyone in the 1-7 Field Artillery. Receiving this flag was an honor and  left me speechless, so Ill let the video speak for itself.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment