Keeping summer alive

| |
One thing leads to another. Sometimes working on one project inspires us to build something else. Such was the case when Dan Johns set out to make a wood letter opener for his wifes birthday. The next thing he knew he was tackling custom wood scissor handles, a project more challenging that you might imagine:
"After shaping the scissor handles, I had to rip them in two, and then carve out channels for the scissor tangs. getting the two handles to sit right and line up when attached was terribly complex. God bless the Dremel. In the end, it worked, and I added a fancy holder for the two tools that included a business card holder on the front. These were all made of old scraps of glued up exotic woods that I had laying around for a year or so."
Looks great! Another unique idea for a gift project.
*****
Think its late to be making a garden bench now that summers over?  Not a chance! Heres Dave Klinkefus bench. I love the way he has made the seat concave. I think if I make another one, Ill do something like that.
And check out Jennifer Reillys bench. Oh yeah...this was her very first woodworking project. Pretty cool, Jennifer. When I am asked what a good starter-project might be, I usually suggest making a small box, but based on the number of people who have built this bench, I think this is my new recommendation.
*****
So yeah. It appears as though Bill Wilson is going into picnic tote production. Why let summer end?
*****
Mere Minutes

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment