2012 One year in a minute

| |
Since I wont have any new woodworking projects until January, I thought Id post this video today. Ive been working on it for almost a year.
I thought it would be interesting to shoot a photo of myself in my shop every day and make a time-lapse video. The main thing I learned is that it is very difficult to stay dedicated to taking a picture every day. It might have been easier if I had a dedicated camera set-up. Instead, I marked off three circles on the floor where my tripod would go each day.
Another problem was maintaining a consistent exposure each day with my Sony Cybershot camera. I shot each picture at different times of the day and used the flash on all of them. It didnt take me long to decide I wasnt going to worry about it and let the exposures vary. I didnt want to spend more than a few seconds each day on this.
Shortly into the year I decided to make reference to each weekly woodworking project I was building. Again, I didnt always remember to do that, but you should be able to see some of them. I also tried to use an expression that reflected how I was feeling on each day.
What I find the most interesting about this video is watching my tools move around on the pegboard behind me. I find it hypnotic!

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment