My decorated chair at the fair

| |
We went to the Marin County Fair yesterday and I was thrilled to observe the popularity of my "decorated chair" entry. My intention was to challenge peoples notions of  art exhibits and get them involved. The fair has thousands and thousands of entries in hundreds of competitive art categories. As far as I know, mine was the only one that asked the viewer to get involved and be part of the exhibit by writing on it and posting photos of themselves on Instagram using #iminthechair.
It was fun to see people spending lots of time writing on it. It is completely covered with graffiti: I cant wait to bring it home and read all the messages. Gotta give credit to the Fair officials who seem to have had no problem letting people do more than just touch my exhibit, although the noisy flamingo squeak toy is missing. I cant help but wonder if it will be back on the chair when I pick it up.
*****
Mere Minutes

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment