Japanese influenced lamp

| |
Back in February, Bob Zimmerman sent me a chunk of Mammoth Kauri wood that he won in a Charles Neil sweepstakes. Ive been pondering what to do with it ever since. I decided to make a lamp. I think it is a pretty good use for the wood; I wasted very little of it.
If you follow me on Facebook, you know that the reason I didnt have a video to post last week was because I screwed up this project and had to completely rebuild it. I got sloppy and my first lamp was completely out of square. I am still trying to figure out exactly where I went wrong, but the lesson to heed is this: always double (or triple) check your glue-ups before you glue up.
Im happy with the way this turned out, though. I havent made a lamp in years.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment