Organizing the shop and lots of clamp storage ideas

| |
One thing leads to another as I organize my shop. It really just started by wanting some clamp storage racks. That got me to make a new lumber storage rack, which inspired me to go through my wood hoard. Now I have a bunch of wood in my driveway I need to get rid of.
The clearing of excess lumber got me to clean out a bunch of other junk under my workbench. Mostly, a large pile of towels that have been doing nothing but collecting sawdust for a couple years. When my wife buys new towels for the house, the old ones become shop towels. And shop towels are not like clamps: you can definitely have too many.
Now I have seemingly tons of extra space in my shop. Im going to give this all some thought before I start slapping up shelves willy-nilly. Need to fully examine the long-term implications.
*****
Thirteen-year-old Connor DeWald (so close to DeWalt!) began organizing his clamps with this DIY rack. Connor sent me over a shop tour, BTW. Great looking shop in the making.
*****
Heres a clamp rack Wil Wilson built with his father-in-law to store his massive collection. Wow!
*****
And Bill Wilson was able to organize some of his clamps using my rack:
*****
Looking for a simple clamp storage solution? Check out Dallas Diehls system. PVC pipes! This make a lot of sense.
*****
And just in case youve been wanting to buy some green clamps and having a hard time finding any, it appears Michael Calhoun bought them all.
*****
But you wont need to buy any clamps at all if you make your own. Here are Dave Rutans homemade bar clamps and awesome fold-up storage system. Check out the full story here.
*****
Tomas Johansson shows how clamp storage is done in Sweden. Well, at least in his shop. Very organized!
*****
Quarto!
Lest you think people have stopped making Quarto games, heres Ibrahim Al Abdulaalys all-in-one board with storage. He made it using an old Ikea bench!
*****
Patrick J. ORourkemade this version with oak and walnut pieces (love the shaping on those pieces) and used a glass cutting board for the game surface. Clever!
*****
Shane Rudnik really took Quarto to another level by making a dual-function game table. Quarto on one side, chess on the flip-side. Sweet.
*****
Mere Minutes
Heres an update on the lumber rack from last Friday.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment