Floor vent follow up

| |
A little about cheap router bits.In general, Ryobi bits work fine for light work, but I broke two of them while making the vent covers this week. It was a real test of their strength and explains why they are inexpensive.
I found an unmarked steel bit in my collection that had no trouble completing the project.
If you are going to do some heavy routing like this, you will definitely save time and money by buying a higher quality bit. My guess is that Ryobi bits arent designed to withstand the amount of heat I was generating my making those slots.
But for light routing, I have never had troubles with Ryobi bits.They work great for roundovers, edge routing, and the like.
*****
Mere MinutesGearing up for Christmas / Vent covers follow-up

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment