Build your own router table

| |
This router table turned out to be a lot of work! Ive been planning to make a router table for quite a while and it took me some time to figure out exactly what I wanted in a router table.
I wanted it to be sturdy, and have a reasonably large work surface. I think when I finish the top, it will probably be 34" wide by about 26" deep. I also wanted it higher than most tables. This one stands at 42" high which makes if very comfortable for me.
I decided to make a full cabinet to hold accessories and bits, too. I think Ill even include drill bits.
Finally, I wanted a router table that was relatively inexpensive to make, yet have some design style to it. The frame and panel construction is pretty easy and just required a bunch of 1x3s and some 1/4" plywood.
Next week, Ill work on the top and build a fence and runner system.
*****