Build a stomp box

| |
Soon after I made my cajon last year, someone mentioned that I should consider making a stomp box. I had never heard of a stomp box before, but after looking at lots of examples, I was intrigued. I really like projects that can take on so many different interpretations.
In addition to providing a cool beat-box for my son, I wanted to add my own spin to the instrument. Eventually I came up with this box that can be played electronically or acoustically. It serves as a mini-cajon, a hand-held drum, a tambourine, and of course, a stomp box!
If you are interested in making one,  you will need a Piezo Transducer (an electronic pickup). There are various types available in many places such as Amazon.com. If you want to buy one locally, heres one you can get at Radio Shack.  You will need a 1/4" phone jack to hook the box to an amplifier.