Woodworking ideas and a really cool jig

| |
Making toys is very rewarding. Paul Jobbins made this "bead board" sorter for his son Zach. Any of you with toddlers know that toys such as this fascinate little ones. Its open-ended play fuels their imaginations.
*****
Bill Bumpus sent over this picture of a head band holder that I found very clever. Makes me want to try making a wood headband, too.
Not only that, but hes been cranking out trivets too!
*****
Benjamin Zupancic from Slovenia is back with more versions of my projects. He modeled this one after my sliding-lid box, but added a magnetic lid.
And yes, he made a garden bench, too. I really like his modifications and the ways he shaped it.
*****
And heres Don Robertos bench with a new, beefier take on the backrest.
*****
Not enough benches you say? Ha. Simion Horatiu from Romania built these two. One similar to mine and the other with a cool storage area in the seat.
*****
Heres Dan Cooks version of my Shaker style coat rack I made just about a year ago. He made his out of cedar and it looks gorgeous.
*****
Finally, Hans S. from the Czech Republic clued me onto this video from Festool showing a really cool home-made round peg jig. This one looks easy to make and a lot of fun to try. (If you dont speak German, youll have no trouble getting the gist of this video.)

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment