Knitting box

| |
Heres a project my wife has been asking me to make for quite some time. She had very specific ideas for her dream knitting box. Making custom  projects is fun and a great reason to learn some woodworking. No store sells a box like this one.
I suspect very few of you (if any) have a need for a knitting box, but I hope you can pick up a few ideas from it. Its really just a box that can be modified for all kinds of storage purposes.
Table saw projectI wanted to build a project this week that was almost entirely made using my new table saw. I am a believer in diving into new tools with a purpose, rather than running boring tests on scrap wood. Wow, the difference between my old saw and this one is like comparing a poodle to a greyhound. Ill shoot a separate video this week showing you more of the saw.
Finger jointsAlso, if youve never made finger joints in boxes, they are really simple. Ive made them on my router, but this is the first time Ive done it on the table saw. In this video, Ill show a quick jig you can set up on your saw and cut them using a dado stack.