Cherry wood floor lamp

| |
Continuing my living room re-furnishing with a floor lamp. Sticking with my retro theming, I decided to make the legs using the same chevron shapes I cut out in my Jetsons wall clock. This is the first piece in the room which I built out of solid wood. I wanted to retain the soft, rounded edges of the table part of the lamp and that would be difficult with plywood.
 
One problem I encountered was attaching the light fixture to the 1/2" steel conduit. I was kind of surprised to discover that there are no connectors or adapters to fit one to the other. I ended up just epoxying them together which seems to work out fine.
Also of note in this video is a great method for cutting circles on a table saw. Ive used this technique many times and it always produces perfect circles. You could also rig up a similar sled to a band saw.
*****

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment