The Cleaning Boy

| |
Banana standThere is actually a very simple woodworking project embedded into about 30 seconds of this video. Its a banana hanger or stand. I saw a boring plastic one at the grocery store a while back and put it on my list of things to make.
Its purpose it to delay bananas from bruising by keeping them off the counter. At least I think thats the purpose.
Last week Eric Penewell from Bamboo Hardwoods sent me a box containing a number or different bamboo boards. I have never used bamboo before, and knew it mainly to be a flooring option. I was delighted to discover that it is very nice to work with for other projects too. Ill show you more of it in a Mere Minutes this weekend. I had no idea there were so many types of bamboo.
Banana nutsI have been a huge fan of silent comedies since I was a kid. (So much so, that my sons middle name is Keaton.) For over a year Wyatt and I have been wanting to make a silent movie, but I hadnt been able to think of a  way to incorporate it into woodworking.
Then it came together. Bananas, tropical bamboo, slipping on banana peels, banana cream pie. Sometimes things fall into place perfectly.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment