Organizing the shop

| |
There is something quite satisfying about clearing space in a workshop. I started out the year with an organization state of mind and it still continues.
Warren Downes decided to make an extra large version of my lumber cart that also holds jigs, sawhorses and other stuff. He added extra casters to ensure it wouldnt sag.
*****
Jeremiah Giehl removed the stand from his table saw (same one as mine!) and built this space-saver that includes a space beneath in which he can store hand-help power saws. Built with scrap wood, the whole project only cost him $5.29 for the hasp. I love having a mobile table saw. Not only is it easy to store, but its great to work outside on sunny days!
*****
Allan Voisin decided to organize his clamps using my system. Looks like a big space! I can also report back that I still love the racks I made a couple months ago. They really work great.
*****
For a long time, well years, Ive been wanting to make sense out of my router bits and drill bits. They tend to be all over the place. Ray Levesque made this tool box for his leather-working tools. I think I may build something similar to this for my router bits and accessories. 
*****
Milan Gigel in Slovakia sent over a picture of his french cleat system. The thing I like most about french cleats is that they are so customizable. Milan builds boxes and holders to fit whatever changing needs arise. He can remove the shelves and take them to his work space then return them when hes done.
*****
In the kitchen organization department, Andor RĂ¡bay and his wife Timea in Hungary sent over some very cool projects. They are a very creative couple. I really like the napkin holder made with scrap wood and reeds. The serving tray was Andors first router project. And oh man, those paprika potatoes look good!
*****
Check out this box Matthew Denny made. Its a kind-of modified bandsaw box and would make a great, lets see, oh yeah...Mothers Day project! Ha. Just when you breathed a sigh of relief that Valentines Day was over.
*****
Finally, Phil Keirnan built one of my book-boxes for his wifes fifth wedding anniversary. (Well, I guess its his anniversary too.) Made with Euaropean Oak. Beautiful work!
*****
Mere Minutes.
Heres a follow-up to the french cleat video from last Friday.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment