Curly redwood!

| |
Reminder: you have until Friday to enter to win a Grr-Ripper. Get those Haikus in. The ones posted are outstanding! Also, if you posted one, make sure you included a email address! If you forgot, go back and add it in somewhere, okay?*******
Last week, Rick Beale dropped off a bunch of wood in my driveway at 2:00 in the morning while on his way to the airport. What a crazy thing to wake up in the morning and have a load of curly redwood waiting in front of my garage!
Im not sure what Im going to do with it yet, there are some beautiful pieces here.
There are two I like the best. I think I want to make something that shows off the bark on this big piece.
And this monster. Ive never had such a huge chunk of redwood. Or any other wood for that matter. I dont want to saw it into boards...its too cool like this. Just need to come up with something substantial. Milling it is going to be tricky. I might decide to turn pieces of it. Ideas?
Thanks again Rick!

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment