Make a corner stand

| |
Marriage is never boring. Having a wife means having an endless, "You know what we need?" list.
My wife decided we needed a plant stand for some plants that were getting unwieldy on the kitchen window sill. She even showed me where she wanted it to go, which really helped to focus my design.
We have a small, unused corner of our dining room, right next to a large bay window: a perfect spot for a few potted plants.
I came up with this design so that it would be sturdy and the slanted legs would keep it from tipping. This is an easy project you can make in an afternoon using scrap lumber. The only tricky part is deciding what angle to slant the legs. I made this stand 36" high and angled the legs at 15 degrees. If you wanted to make it taller, you would probably want to angle those legs at 10 degrees or so.
*****

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment